I love being a travel copywriter. I’ve been most fortunate to write projects about travel across a wide range of clients and periodicals. These include resorts in North America, top-rated global airlines, one of the world’s most popular cruise lines, a large watersports company, restaurants in Northern California, and scuba diving magazines from the U.S. to Singapore to New Zealand.
As a travel copywriter, I wearing a variety of hats — a Tilley® hat for sunning and hiking, knit caps for skiing, and neoprene caps for scuba diving. I’ve skied in 4 countries, scuba dived in 3 oceans, journeyed through more than 40 states and throughout 4 continents to write:
• Between 2002 to 2009, I wrote quarterly enewsletters and websites for Red Sail Sports after booking some dive days in Aruba with them. This included their portal website, then separate websites for each of this resor- based diving and watersports operator in Grand Cayman and Aruba. For the that Southern Caribbean island, I had a spectacular visit filled with scuba diving, snorkeling, parasailing, lunch and sunset cruises. Read Watersports Paradise Found.
• A year of monthly enewsletters and promotional emails for All Nippon Airways.
• Print ads for Frontier Airlines that helped an ad agency in Dallas win the account –– even after I left Texas and moved back to San Francisco.
• The initial website, three Annual Reports and brochures for Hawaii Air Ambulance, now called Hawaii Life Flight.
• Shore brochures for Alaska, Mexico and the Caribbean for Princess Cruises (formerly Sitmar Cruises).
• Weekly ads and radio commercials over three years for Caesars Tahoe Resort Casino, Nevada, to promote its wide variety of stellar entertainers from The Beach Boys to David Copperfield to Julio Iglesias.
• Fact Sheets and Guest Service Directories for Hilton.com.
• Ads for the Monterey Marriott in Northern California.
• Over 25 magazine articles as a freelance travel copywriter for Scuba Times, Alert Diver, Adventure Journal, Sport Diver Interactive, Dive Pacific Magazines, Asian Diver, Dive Travel, Undercurrent’s Traveling Diver’s Chapbook, Marin Independent Journal, S.F. Chronicle and L.A. Times about diving in Maui, the Turks & Caicos Islands, Australia, Kosrae (Micronesia), Baja California (Sea of Cortez), Aruba, Florida, The Bahamas, Monterey (CA), Belize, and other tropical, warm water destinations. Read my “West Side Story on Oahu” scuba diving story.
• I was also the managing editor for www.vagablond.com, a luxury ezine/blog for travel, shopping, food and wine, where I’ve posted over 1,400 articles since 2005. Some of my favorite articles include: